Wednesday, September 21, 2011

513 – Hump-Day

Well, another Wednesday, and where has the Summer gone?

It’s like someone flipped a light switch, and all of a sudden, it’s the middle of Autumn here. I’m not READY for Fall yet.

The answer to my riddle was Blackboard! (we call them blackboards, not chalkboard Curt)

Has anyone actually read the news lately? (like on CNN.com?) There’s so much bad news, hatred, racism, and sadness, I wonder why I even bother to look. I wonder if seeing/reading such bad news, desensitizes people and makes them apathetic. It just makes me sad to see so much of it. Here’s an example of what I mean, from CNN this morning:
35 bodies found on Mexican road
Tropical Storm Ophelia forms in Atlantic
Execution set in Texas dragging death
Bullied Teen Commits Suicide

See what I mean? Where are the “Feel good” stories?

Sorry… back to normality (such as it is).

Google+ is now open to the public. Give it a try, and if you do, put me in one of your circles!

On to something funny:

Prince Charles was driving around his mother's estate when he accidentally ran over her favorite dog, a Corgi, crushing it to a pulp. He got out of his Range Rover and sat down on the grass totally distraught. The whole world was against him and now his mother would go ballistic.
Suddenly he noticed a lamp half-buried in the ground. He dug it up, polished it and immediately a genie appeared. "You have freed me from thousands of years of imprisonment," said the genie. "As a reward I shall grant you one wish."
"Well," said the Prince, "I have all the material things I need, but let me show you this dog."
They walk over to the splattered remains of the dog. "Do you think you could bring this dog back to life for me?" the Prince asked.
The genie carefully looked at the remains and shook his head. "This body is too far gone for even me to bring it back to life. Is there something else you would like?"
The Prince thought for a minute, reached into his pocket and pulled out two photos. "I was married to this beautiful woman called Diana," said Prince Charles, showing the genie the first photo. "But now I love this woman called Camilla," and he showed the genie the second photo.
"You see Camilla isn't beautiful at all, so do you think you can make Camilla as beautiful as Diana?"
The genie studied the two photographs and after a few minutes said, "Let's have a look at that dog again."

Have a great Hump-Day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Loved the joke. Thanks for sharing. Best Wishes, Merle.

September 26, 2011 at 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home