122 A Day Late
Yeah, it was a holiday weekend, so I'm late for my regular "Monday" post.
I'm still recuperating from that awful medicine the doctor had prescribed to me. It's amazing how it seems to have been in my system for days. I've been sick off and on since I took it on Thursday.
On Saturday, I went to breakfast with a bunch of people I used to work at, from my last job. There were 15 of us, and it was great seeing everyone. We all talked of our love of the former place (The Torrington Company) which was sold to another company and closed in Connecticut. We all remember the great times there. The feeling of "Family" that we got there, and noplace else.
Sunday and Monday, the weather was outstanding, and the wife and I took the Vette out for one ride each day.. to go get Ice Cream at different places. If I were feeling better, I'd have had it out a lot more. Believe me when I tell you, I can't wait to finally feel 100%.
What does everyone think of McCain's choice for VP? Can you imagine, her teenage daughter is pregnant and unwed? What a role model the VP will be huh!
In some sad news, The Star Trek Experience at the Hilton Hotel in Las Vegas, is closing today. I've been there twice, and absolutely loved it. I even brought a friend of mine there who hated Star Trek and he ended up loving it. Mark, I'm sorry you never got to see it.
That's it for now, I'm going to rest up for work Tuesday.
Have a great day all!

8 Comments:
Dear Dave:
i was not even expecting to find an entry for Monday, since you were sick, and since it was a National holiday.
Gosh, i do hope and pray that you get better and are able to enjoy your life again, including taking the Vette out for ice cream, etc.!
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
What kind of a bug do you have that would last that long?? Man, that medicine must have been powerful to stick with you that long. I took CIPRO once and wished I hadn't. Hope you improve soon.
As for the VP.. well well he went and done it now.. NO WAY she could run this country if anything happened to him.. NO FURRRRICCCKKKKIN' way!!! God what a nightmare that would be..(shudder)... : (
Dude. Sorry to hear the bug cramped your weekend 'Vette-cruisin' style.
That someone McCain's age would choose someone with so little qualifications to step in as pres in case something happened to him... just not a very smart move. I think he was too desperate to win over the Hillary Clintonites who are on the fence.
Star Trek Experience closing? Khaaaaan!!!
Hi Dave ~~ I hope you are feeling better with each day that passes.
Glad you and your wife went cruising in the Vette for ice cream. I hope you both enjoyed it.
Thanks for your comments about the Technical Support story. I hope you don't get too many callers like that one~ Power stoppage!! Enjoy the rest of the week and have a great weekend. Take care, Very best wishes, Merle.
Oh, dear...here it is Wed. and you've not posted. i take this to mean that you are still sick! i am sending my very best to you so that you get well and soon!
Don't make me worry about you!
Yours,
michelle {'lil o}
G'day Dave, hope you are on the improve by now, re country music... If you play it backwards your Girl comes back to you and your horse & dog both come back to life!!!!!
I'm not into American politics.... but, if there is an anti re-action to John McCain's choice for vice president on the basis of her having an unwed teenage daughter I am surprised and disappointed, what happened to live and let live??? there should be more understanding of what isn't anything new or something that anyone should be judged on... there's an Aussie 2 cents worth.
Are you OK, Dave??
Lots of HUUUUUUUGS!
I'm ok.. sorry for worrying anyone.
Just had nothing to say yesterday.
I'll be back tomorrow for sure!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home