123 - Ok, So I Missed a Day...
Sorry. It's been such a messed up week, I missed a day.
I'm feeling a lot better, not 100%, but getting there. The coughing is down to a minimum, and I hope by this time next week it'll be a forgotten memory.
To rebut my words about McCain's choice for VP, I may still be old fashioned to say that people should wait until after they're married to have children. Period. I won't apologize for feeling this way. It DOES have something to do with how she raised her family.
What problem I do have with Sarah Palin actually doesn't have as much to do with her daughter, as other things in her life. She's under investigation in Alaska for something you can read about yourselves (I don't want to give my view of it, you can get it from the news). Also, just when you thought we'd get rid of ANYONE in the oval office that answers to "Big Oil", we get Sarah, whose husband is in bed with big oil. Lastly, she's a barracuda in many ways, to get what she wants. This isn't something we need IF for some reason John McCain should pass on. If you check her history in Alaska, while it may be great for a Governor, her tenacious methods would NOT serve us well as a commander in chief.
I save my "live and let live" for her daughter, who will need it. If my son or daughter had a child out of wedlock, I would see it as a failing on my part as a parent, that I didn't instill my moral values well enough on my children. To me, the people that push it aside and say it's ok, are the people who need a morals check. Just my humble opinion. (Please do NOT take this personally)
Honestly, I wish Obama had picked Condaleeza Rice as VP. Now there's one VERY smart woman who would be perfect as VP (or as president). "stepping down off of my soapbox now"
I can't believe it's 2 years since we've lost Steve Irwin.. how sad. I always enjoyed watching him. Always.
Oh well.. TGIF people.. and I'll see you next week.
Till then...............

5 Comments:
Hi Dave ~~ Glad you are a little better and hope you are quite better soon. I agree with your ideals, but I think maybe that view is considered
old-fashioned. Thanks for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed Karen's story of the Pickle Jar and the jokes. I hope you have a great weekend. Take care, Regards, Merle.
I won't weigh in on Palin's family, but I will say that hearing her say, basically, that her state has the answer to the energy crisis right there underground was almost unbelievable. We need to stop burning so much oil, not drill for more. Drilling in Alaska would only help continue our reliance on a non-renewable resource that pollutes the atmosphere.
I like Scott Adams' view that new and practical energy solutions will be profit driven, not spearheaded by government. The politicos are too attached to big oil's money to make any serious statements about progress in that arena.
I definitely agree with you on our reliance on oil!
So glad to hear that you are at least on the mend!
You know that i never comment on political stuff, i'm more of a laissez faire person!
*smile*
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
To hear the rumor that she doesn't even have a passport .. well that just cinched it for me.. NO ONE needs to be VIce President who does not have any whatsoever experience with other varied countries. THAT is one of the jobs that the vice president has. NO PRESS CONFERENCES with her one on one with the press. I bet she is cramming big time learning all she can. She better.. .I just cringe to think of it though.... You are so right CONDIE would have been great.. Iwas a big supporter of COLIN POWELL too. Wish he had run!
OH WELL what is to be will be..
take care and hope you are on the mend!! : )
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home