Wednesday, October 1, 2008

134 - The New Season has Begun!

The new TV season has begun, and all the shows the wife and I like are back full force! Let me tell you what we like (in no particular order).

Heroes. NBC's best show in ages. Rates a 10/10 for me.

House. We've watched it since day 1 and still love it.

Boston Legal. You gotta love Denny Crane (William Shatner) with his "Mad Cow".

Fringe. A new show on Fox that's outstanding in a kinda sci-fi way.

NCIS. Another we've watched since day one and we still enjoy.

Desperate Housewives. Used to be a lot better, getting pretty weird lately. Losing it's appeal for me.

Terminator, the Sarah Connors Chronicles. Another of my new faves. It's only in season 2, but it's a keeper.

Knight Rider. Ok, I do admit I watch it.

And one that's beginning on this Friday from the Sci-Fi channel, Sanctuary. I've seen a 30 minute clip from the 2 hour premier and it looks extremely good!

There's a few others we watch, but they're not big name shows.

What do you watch?

Lastly, I saw this on the news today, and I was incensed. Seems someone finally sued a bar over "Ladies Nights" where they get in for free, or get free drinks citing discrimination for men. Here's the article, you guess what happened (did I mention it was a female judge?)

Have a wonderful Hump-Day all!

8 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Let's see, where do I start?! LOL

Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Medium, Lost, Ghost Whisperer, HOUSE, Bones, Two and a Half Men, Worst Day (still deciding if I like that or not), Pushing Daisies, Life, Supernatural, My Name is Earl, Lipstick Jungle, Raise the Bar, The Closer, Saving Grace, Monk, Psych, In Plain Sight, Starter Wife, The Cleaner, The Mentalist, Days of Our Lives, and I want to watch The Ex List. I'm sure I've forgotten some... LOL

October 1, 2008 at 11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok so if a nightclub had "men's night", what would happen?

October 1, 2008 at 11:44 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Karen, I forgot about The Closer, we watch that too!

Mike, women would sue and win!

October 1, 2008 at 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cannot say that i watch much TV, so i won't put down what i do watch on occasion.

As for that idiot who sued due to the bars offering "ladies night" claiming the judge was a feminist for throwing the case out of her courtroom, hurray for the judge! Ridiculous and frivolous suit!

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

October 1, 2008 at 2:10 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

michelle,
I'm surprised you said that. I believe everyone should be equal when purchasing something (whether it be entrance to entertainment, a drink.. etc).

Would it be fair if men paid one price for a car, but women had to pay more?
Or just to get online?

Then what? White women get a better deal than any other?

October 1, 2008 at 2:14 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Between a five-year-old and blogging, photo editing, writing fiction, and trying to stay acquainted with my wife, there are few shows I watch at all anymore.

I didn't even know "Heroes" had started again. I thought I had my DVR still set to record all new ones, but somehow it wasn't getting them. I tuned in late to this week's eppy and Silar is a good guy now? WTF? Oh well, the second season was very weak compared to the first, so I'm not surprised that it isn't impressing me now.

We watch "The Amazing Race," and... that's about it. The TV isn't even on from when I get home at 4:30 (if I get off work on time) until after Ben's in bed (which is typically 7:30 or 8:00). Even then we sometimes never turn it on at all.

It's kind of liberating, really.

But I do miss some of the better shows we used to watch a lot.

"Three and a Half Men" was (and I guess still is) hilarious, "CSI" was very good, ummm... can't think of the rest, but we used to watch a LOT before Benjamin came along.

October 1, 2008 at 9:02 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Mark,

Please watch the whole Heroes from this week (actually, go to NBC and watch the first 2 from this season).
Sylar is NOT a good guy.... and this season is WAY better than last season was! (I agree last season was weak)

October 2, 2008 at 7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friday Night Lights... but guess I'll have to wait until Feb to see it again...

October 2, 2008 at 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home