Monday, September 15, 2008

127 - I Need Another Weekend!

It was such a busy weekend.. I could use another right about now, just to rest up!

Friday night we had a meeting of our wine club and we never got home till after 11:30pm.

Saturday, I got up early to begin preparations for tailgating at the football game. I was getting the grill ready, making buffalo wings, counting up the beers and sodas, getting all the utensils and condiments, making sure all our stuff was ready.

The game was fantastic. UCONN won by a score of 45-10 over Virginia!  We had a great time tailgating before the game.. cooking up some brat's, sausage burgers and grilling the wings. Needless to say, we were full when we went into the game. All in all, it was a great time. The weather was around 70 with a light breeze.. perfect for watching football.

Yesterday, my daughter and I went to see my mom, and just after noon, we had company over for a few hours before I had to go to a car club meeting at 7pm last night.

So, as you can see, I barely had time to breathe this weekend!

I'm amazed at the destruction that Hurricane Ike's caused. I hope Mark's doing ok.

Now, for a little joke today:

Two old ladies were waiting for a bus and one of them was smoking a cigarette. It started to rain, so the old lady reached into her purse, took out a condom, cut off the tip and slipped it over her cigarette and continued to smoke.

Her friend saw this and said, "Hey that's a good idea! But, what is that thing you put over your cigarette?"

The other old lady said, "It's a condom."

"A condom? Where do you get those?"

The lady with the cigarette told her friend that you could purchase condoms at the pharmacy. When the two old ladies arrived downtown, the old lady with all the questions went into the pharmacy and asked the pharmacist if he sold condoms. The pharmacist said yes, but looked a little surprised that this old woman was interested in condoms, so he asked her, "What size do you want?"

The old lady thought for a minute and said, "One that will fit a Camel."

Have a wonderful day all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

I need another weekend, too.

We're fine in the Dallas metro area. Ike took an easterly turn and left us with only some moderate gusts and about an inch or two of rain. Could have been much worse.

Have a great week.

September 15, 2008 at 8:36 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

I'm glad to hear you're ok Mark...

September 15, 2008 at 9:04 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Thank you once again for your kind words about my blog. I often feel like another weekend would be good. So you have been very busy - hope you manage to get some rest, glad the cough is all but gone. About time, but don't get run down and get another dose.
Take care, Regards, Merle.

September 15, 2008 at 9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you had so much fun, Dave! i agree with your friend, Merle, when she says be careful to not get run down and get another dose of that illness that put you down so badly!

Wish i could have gone to the game with you, if only for the food! *smile*

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

September 15, 2008 at 12:23 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

What you need to do Dave is retire.... my week consists of 6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday!!!!!!

September 16, 2008 at 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home