Friday, September 19, 2008

129 - Weather Changes

Well the weather's turned a lot cooler this week. Today it barely got above 70 and tonight we may even have a frost! It makes for nice sleeping at night, but it seems like it's gone straight from 85-90, to 60-70 during the days.

I have no big plans this weekend, so hopefully I can relax and do something enjoyable with the time off.

People magazine today posted it's top 10 best dressed women, and in at least 5 of the choices, I think they're dressed awful. I'll leave it to you to google "People's 10 best dressed" to see for yourself. What are people thinking when they vote for such hideously dressed people.

And now, for a joke:

Massachusetts Traffic Ticket Stories.....TRUE

GOOD

In Haverhill, MA a State Trooper was running radar.   He had a  perfect  spot to watch for speeders, but wasn't getting any.  Then he discovered the problem.  A 12 year old boy was standing up the road with a hand painted sign which read 'RADAR TRAP AHEAD!' The officer later found a young accomplice down the road with a sign reading, 'TIPS'   and a bucket full of money. (Beats a lemonade stand!)

BETTER

A motorist was mailed a picture of his car speeding through an automated radar post in Bradford, MA.  A $40.00 speeding ticket was  included. Being cute, he sent the police department a picture of $40.00.   The police responded with another mailed photo of  handcuffs.

BEST

A young woman was pulled over in Groveland, MA for speeding. As the State Trooper walked to her car window, flipping open his ticket book, she said, 'I bet you are going to sell me a ticket to the Massachusetts State Police Ball.' He replied, 'MA State Troopers don't have balls.'  There was a moment of silence while she smiled and he realized what he'd just said.  He then closed his book, got back in his patrol car and left.   She was laughing too hard to start her car.

Have a wonderful weekend!

5 Comments:

Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Great jokes and I hope you have a relaxing weekend. Thanks for your
comments and nice words on my post. Glad you like my picture and I am not really special. Just do the best I can.
Take care, Regards, Merle.
Thanks for following my blog, especially as you appear headless!!

September 19, 2008 at 6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good jokes, Dave!

You have no idea how i envy you your weather! Here in Daytona Beach, i'm still paying very high air conditioning bills as the sun grills on every day and brings the temperature to the high 90's. Of course, i should not complain, as the Atlantic is back in a soothing virgin state of not having any Storms, Hurricanes or other bothersome weather!

September 19, 2008 at 2:51 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Funny stuff, there.

By the way, we went out with family to eat in downtown Plano tonight. The pub had several TV's, and three of them were showing the Baylor/UCONN game. Go Huskies!

September 20, 2008 at 12:39 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

I definitely wouldn't have been able to start my car either after reading that third joke!!!!

September 20, 2008 at 7:15 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi again Dave ~~Glad to hear you had
a good weekend and enjoyed the car, the company and the ice cream. I liked your jokes - I said that in the last comment. Thanks for raying such nice things about my blog and me. Take very great care, Best Wishes. Cheers, Merle.

September 22, 2008 at 11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home