Monday, September 22, 2008

130 - Fall is Here

Well, some of the evenings lately have been as low as 38, so you know fall is coming to New England. Great sleeping weather, but sad that the summer is over.

It's been a wonderful weekend. Friday night, I went to have dinner with a friend in Torrington (about 18 miles away) in the Vette. I had a wonderful dinner, and a fantastic ride up and back. The trip there is all on nice, long, back roads.. just perfect for cranking the tunes and enjoying the car. I came home in time to watch the UCONN/Baylor football game on ESPN2. It was an outstanding game, with the score going back and forth both ways. UCONN finally won by 3 points.

Saturday, I washed the Vette, and we had a special cruise night to benefit a local little girl (Rhianna) who has a very rare form of leukemia. We raised a lot of money, and I'm sure her family will be very happy.

Today, it was beautiful, so after visiting mom this morning, this afternoon the wife and I took a nice ride to get some ice cream at a place in a neighboring town.

And now some personal notes:

Mark, how'd you like the game Friday night?

Merle, yes, you ARE special! Don't ever believe differently!

michelle, I'm glad the water is getting back to normal! *S*

Peter, if you liked Friday's jokes, check these out!

12 Things NOT to say to a cop!

1. I can't reach my license unless you hold my beer

2. Sorry officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in

3. Aren't you the guy from the Village People?

4. Hey, you must have been doing at least 125 to keep up with me!

5. Are you Andy or Barney?

6. I thought you had to be in relatively good physical condition to be a cop?

7. You're not going to check the trunk, are you?

8. I pay your salary!

9. Gee officer, that's terrific! The last cop only gave me a warning too!

10. Do you know why you pulled me over? I hope so because one of us should!

11. I was trying to keep up with traffic. I realize there's no other cars around now, see how far behind I was!

12. If the officer says "your eyes are red, have you been drinking?", you probably shouldn't say "Your eyes look glazed, have you been eating donuts!"

Have a great Monday all!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Dave...yes, it is nice about the water!

Sounds like your area is filled with magic at this time of the year. Enjoy the Vette to the limit, Dave!

*smile*

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

September 22, 2008 at 11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fall there must be spectacular though. I hope you have some wonderful days before the leaves are gone and the snow begins to fall. We are having great warm days and our trees have yet to turn. I am loving it!! Take care.. : )

September 23, 2008 at 12:11 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ I never try to drink anything when I read jokes. Listen and learn!!!
Sorry the widget cuts off your head, it
does on Peters too. Sorry about that.
I thought I left a comment here last night, but I don't see it. Glad you had a nice relaxing weekend with a ride in the car AND ice cream. Thanks for being such a loyal follower( even without a head) Take care Dave, Regards, Merle.

September 23, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home