135 - Another Busy Weekend.. Fall Style
Well, Friday night I'm going to a cruise night in Torrington, their last one of the season that is a Halloween special. People actually decorate their cars for the event and it's pretty interesting.
Saturday, the wife and I are going to a place called Table & Vine in Massachusetts, that sells wines, beers and specialty cheeses and other food. We're going to try some interesting beers for their Oktoberfest Beer Tastings, in hope of finding something good for the Wine Tasting we are co-hosting on October 19. Saturday night, our car club is having our last Cruise Night, with a "Best of the Best" trophy going to the best car that's won a plaque from us all season (we've had about 30 winners this season).
Sunday, there's another big car show in New Hartford, that's a benefit for the volunteer fire department in the area.
All in all.. a very busy weekend.
Lastly, a little joke for you to enjoy your weekend:
The Heart Of A Harley
A mechanic was removing a cylinder-he ad from the motor of a Harley
motorcycle when he spotted a well-known cardiologist in his shop.
The cardiologist was there waiting for the service manager to come take a
look at his bike when the mechanic shouted across the garage "Hey Doc,
want to take a look at this?"
The cardiologist, a bit surprised, walked over to where the mechanic was
working on the motorcycle.
The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and said, "So Doc,
look at this engine. I open its heart, take the valves out, repair any
damage, and then put them back in, and when I finish, it works just like
new.
So how come I make $39,675 a year, a pretty small salary and you get the
really big bucks ($1,695,759) when you and I are doing basically the same
work?"
The cardiologist paused, smiled and leaned over, the whispered to the
mechanic................................
"Try doing it with the engine running."
Have a great weekend all!

3 Comments:
That does sound busy. I love filling my weekends because it's my time, and danged if I'm going to sit around watching it pass.
Can't wait, too, to see your latest trophy. ;-)
i was wondering the same thing...will Dave win a trophy again?
Loved the joke, thank you...that's a good one!
Have yourself a cup of coffee, and stay warm! *smile*
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home