Monday, October 6, 2008

136 - I Need a Vacation...

Yeah, I go on vacation in 55 more days. That's 55 days too many!

Friday night, we had a great time at the Cruise Night in Torrington, met with a few friends, and went out and had a great dinner afterwards.

Here's a picture of one car all decked out for Halloween!

It was a fun time, but a long evening.

Saturday, my daughter and I got up early and ran some errands, went to see my mom, ran more errands and came home. Then just after lunch, the wife and I went to a ride up just over the border in Massachusetts to an Oktoberfest Beer tasting with over 100 beers to sample! (not to worry, I didn't have that much)

After coming home, I went out to our auto club's last cruise night of the season. It was a nice night that ended all too soon.

We were supposed to go to a car show Sunday, but I awoke with the rain falling gently, so I got back into bed and slept till 10:30am. Longer than I have in a LONG time!

And now, a funny for you:

A Florida couple, both well into their 80s, go to a sex therapist's office.

The doctor asks, "What can I do for you?"

The man says, "Will you watch us have sexual intercourse?"

The doctor raises both eyebrows, but he is so amazed that such an elderly couple is asking for sexual advice that he agrees.

When the couple finishes, the doctor says, "There's absolutely nothing wrong with the way you have intercourse." He thanks them for coming, he wishes them good luck, he charges them $50 and he says goodbye.

The next week, however, the couple returns and asks the sex therapist to watch again. The sex therapist is a bit puzzled, but agrees.

This happens several weeks in a row. The couple makes an appointment, has intercourse with no problems, pays the doctor, then leave.

Finally, after 5 or 6 weeks of this routine, the doctor says, "I'm sorry, but I have to ask. Just what are you trying to find out?"

The old man says, "We're not trying to find out anything. She's married and we can't go to her house. I'm married and we can't go to my house. The Holiday Inn charges $98. The Hilton charges $139. We do it here for $50, and I get $43 back from Medicare...!

Have a wonderful Monday all!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL that was so funny Dave.. the joke I mean! Sounds like you had a great time this weekend. I wish fall lasted a little longer.. our leaves are not turning so great this year. just from green to brown and falling off. How boring. I bet the scenery was just wonderful.Hope your week goes well.. : )

October 6, 2008 at 12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almost time to put your "baby" away...that makes me sad...

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

October 6, 2008 at 11:00 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Sounds like you had a busy and fun weekend and I can see why you would need a holiday. Do you plan to go
somewhere in 54 days? or just laze at home? Nice to hear you visit your Mother
That is nice. Great joke. I like the idea of a joke at the end of your posts.
Take care, Dave. Regards, Merle.

October 7, 2008 at 4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home