Friday, October 10, 2008

138 - Guys Night Out - Rough Week

Before I get to the title, I'd like to say thanks for all the guesses in Wednesday's post on the two pictures.

Mark said white balance, Bubbanem said Flash and no flash, which is really what I was looking for. Both are probably right, and thanks for playing! *S*

I had taken the bottom picture first, and forgot to turn off the flash, then I turned it off and took it again about 15 seconds later.

Mark had posted on his site about having a "guys night out". I've been having a "GNO" for quite some time now. Most of the time, I go with my friends Dave and/or Dan, and we normally do dinner and a movie. About 50% of the time, we go for wings and beers, the other times, Mexican food and Margarita's. No matter what, it's a good time to get out and talk "man talk". You know, sports, cars, sportscars, farting.. etc. Generally, there's a lot of laughing, and sometimes some significant insights on life discussed. Yeah, there's usually a lot of good-natured ribbing and pros/cons on the movie we see.

I feel that this GNO is very important, as I do for a Girls Night Out "GNO" for the wife when she wishes one. Sometimes, it's just good to get away and laugh. My wife is always welcome to go out with her friends and do as she pleases. I hope everyone is so lucky.

As to the rough week.
There's no easy way to put this, so here it is. My mother in law found out this week, that she has cancer. Both she, and my wife are very upset over this. Right now, it seems to be a small spot on her side, but she goes in for an MRI on Monday to see how big it actually is. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers please.

And now, to lighten the mood just a bit, a joke for your weekend:

This is the true story of George Phillips of Meridian, Mississippi, who was going to bed when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the shed. George opened the door to go turn off the light but saw there were people in the shed in the process of stealing things.
He immediately phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?" and George said no and explained the situation. Then they explained that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be there when available.
George said, "Okay," hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again.

"Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people in my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I've just shot them all."
Then he hung up.

Within five minutes three squad cars, an Armed Response unit, and an ambulance showed up. Of course, the police caught the burglars red-handed.
One of the policemen said to George: "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"
George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

That's it for today, have a wonderful weekend all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

GNO is da bomb.

Sorry to hear about your mom-in-law.

October 10, 2008 at 8:42 AM  
Blogger bubbanem said...

Hey, Dave. I hope your mom-in-law's testing goes well. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

Re: the burglar story ... Snopes has some interesting comments on the event.

Have a nice weekend!

October 10, 2008 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Bubbanem,
Yeah, I knew it... but it was presented as humor.. *chuckling*

October 10, 2008 at 10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will be keeping your wife and her mother in my prayers, Dave.

Glad you are enjoying your GNO!

We all need time to get away sometimes...

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

October 10, 2008 at 1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave:

Your lack of a Monday post has me terribly worried...please contact me when you can, and meanwhile, i'm redoubling prayers for your Mother-in-law!

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

October 13, 2008 at 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home