Monday, January 19, 2009

175 - Nice Long Weekend!

Yep, I have Monday off as it's Martin Luther King Day.

As for this weekend, well, Saturday morning I went to breakfast with a bunch of my Ham Radio friends that meet every Saturday at a Panera Bread place. It was nice to see the guys, as I hadn't been there in a few months. We had a great breakfast, talked a bit then I headed home.

Saturday afternoon, I had to help my friend Ray, who needed to find a patch kit for his waterbed (for the liner that had a tiny rip, not the mattress), and a different Ham Radio friend sells waterbed supplies, so we went to see him and of course, he hooked us up!

I had a nice fire going in the wood stove, as it was really cold again (down to -5 or so overnight). I can't wait for the warm weather to arrive.

4 Weeks from now, I'll be down in Curacao, basking in the warm sunshine!!  Only 27 more days!!!!

Sunday, we went to see my mom as we always do, and I'm helping my daughter spec out a new notebook PC for her. Her old one is getting tired and slow.

Me, I've priced out a new PC for myself (desktop), and I'll probably be ordering it soon. This time it'll be ordering all the parts and putting it together myself. It'll be a lot of work, but it'll be exactly what I want.

And now, for a funny:

Tony and his friend John die in a car accident and go to judgment. God tells Tony that because he cheated on his income taxes, the only way he can enter Heaven is to sleep with a stupid, ugly woman for the next five years.
A few days later, as Tony's walking in the park with his stupid, hideous new girlfriend, he spots his friend John with an absolutely drop dead gorgeous woman. "John, what happened?" Tony asks.
"I have no idea," John replies. "I was told I have five years of amazing sex to look forward to. The only thing I don't understand is why she always yells 'Damn income taxes!' whenever we have sex."

Have a wonderful Monday all..!

5 Comments:

Blogger bubbanem said...

Hey, Dave. I thought of you yesterday -> The local 'Vette club was out cruising yesterday in the 50 degree F temps. But, alas, it was just a teaser day. We're back to winter today.

January 19, 2009 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Waterbed? I knew there must be somebody out there still using one.

Cool that you got to catch up with the HAM folks (I was going to say "guys," but thought I might exclude the ladies -- are there any ladies in the club?).

January 20, 2009 at 8:42 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

It's not really a club.. and yes, there are ladies in town that are HAM's... including one of my friend's wives who was there.

PS, I still use a waterbed and STILL love it!

January 20, 2009 at 9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The few times that i've slept on a waterbed, i can't say that it was comfortable at all...but, that's me, i guess.

Stay warm, Dave...

Yours,

michelle ('lil o)

January 20, 2009 at 10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI DAVE.. it's a new day and we should all be happy that a new administration will be guiding us.
Hope you have a wonderful day! : )
PS the wordpress blog is now working.. Amen!! : )

January 20, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home