Monday, February 9, 2009

184 - Four and a Half Days to Go!

I'm so pumped for vacation.. (and I know you're sick of hearing about it too!)

This was a busy weekend for me. I got a certification I had been wanting for a long time, and finally got it on Saturday (more on that at another time).

Sunday, was the normal go to see Mom with my daughter, then I did some work on my new PC, installing software. I moved my iTunes over, and my iPod Touch over to it, copied 90+GB of movies and music from my old PC to the new one and there's still so much more to do.

I was sorry to read in the news about the wildfires in Australia! I hope Peter or Merle aren't anywhere close.

I went to the movies Friday night with a friend to see the movie, "Push". It gets a 2.5 out of 5 stars. It reminds me of a "Wachowski brothers" movie (think, The Matrix), but it's very poorly done, not to mention Dakota Fanning is becoming a worse actor as she gets older. What the theater website said about the movie, and what it really is about, is also a bit different.

It got up to almost 50 degrees Sunday.. so a LOT of snow and ice melted. Now, if it'd only STAY that warm! Wishful thinking though... it's going to get cold soon. Oh well, I'll be warm next week. *S*

Other than that, lots to do this week to get ready for vacation.

And now, something funny from my friend Mike:

'YOU MAY BE A TALIBAN IF...'
1. You refine heroin for a living, but you have a moral objection to beer.
2. You own a $3,000 machine gun and $5,000 rocket launcher, but you can't afford shoes.
3. You have more wives than teeth..
4. You wipe your butt with your bare left hand, but consider bacon 'unclean.'
5. You think vests come in two styles: bullet-proof and suicide.
6. You can't think of anyone you HAVEN'T declared Jihad against.
7. You consider television dangerous, but routinely carry explosives in your clothing.
8. You were amazed to discover that cell phones have uses other than setting off roadside bombs.
9. You've often uttered the phrase, 'I love what you've done with your cave.'
10. You have nothing against women and think every man should own at least one.
11. You bathe at least monthly whether necessary or not.
12. You have a crush on your neighbor's goat.

Have a great Monday!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had the same weather here in MI over the weekend, was nice to see so much snow melt.Back to the 30's today ,bummer. Yea rub it in about your vacation ;-)

Nabbed your joke today and sent to a few friends, thanks!

February 9, 2009 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

Good Taliban joke.

I'm glad to hear from someone who saw Push. It didn't look very good to me. Looked like a cheap rip-off of the Force from Star Wars.

We saw a trailer for a new one featuring The Rock, a remake-ish film called Race to Witch Mountain. Actually looks kind of fun.

I'll try to send some of this warm Texas weather your way. Of course, our only snow last year came in March (and it stuck around for a day).

February 10, 2009 at 8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved your joke today...that took some thinking on someone's part.

Thanks!

Yours,

michelle {'lil o}

February 10, 2009 at 4:46 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Do you ever work? ;-) LOL I know you do... when you're not goofing off.

When are you planning a vacation to Utah? I know you and your wife can't come over here on a cruise ship so I know that's a problem for you ;-)

Congrats on the certification!

*HUGS*

February 10, 2009 at 8:46 PM  
Blogger Merle said...

Dear Dave ~~ Have a wonderful holiday
and I hope you and your wife enjoy
every moment of it. I am sorry you were concerned about Peter and myself. Me I can understand, but Peter lives in Queensland, but is at present in South Australia with his daughter Vicki. The fires have been dreadful and the air is full of smoke the sun is red when it's smoky. Over 1000 home destroyed and almost 200 dead, although they expect both numbers to increase a lot. Take great care, my friend, See you when you return. Regards, Merle.

February 12, 2009 at 6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home