187 - I'm Back, and Totally Relaxed!
The vacation in Curacao was absolutely wonderful. It was very restful, relaxing and peaceful. The trip there beginning at 3am was relatively uneventful, the plane ride was about 4.5 hours and we landed in 90 degree bright sunshine! We checked into our room, and it only took a moment for me to see an ash-tray and say to my wife "oh crap, we're going to have to switch rooms, this is a smoking room". While I honestly couldn't smell it, I was heading to the phone when my wife said to me "Before you do, you better come see this..." and I looked behind a large full-wall curtain onto our private porch to see what you see in the stitched together picture below. Needless to say, we kept the room!
(click on any picture to 'embiggen')
The resort was beautiful, and on the first night, I took the picture below of the sunset:
The sunset just blew me away. The night time temps were around 72-75, with a light breeze. We only had one day of rain, Tuesday which is when we decided to go into town anyways.
When we first got there, I knew the 2 nice restaurants on site booked early, so I immediately booked 3 nights, for 12 people to get as many of us as possible in for some fun and good food. The buffet food was ok, but nothing to really rave about, but it was diverse and there was plenty of it.
More about it as the week goes on, (including a video on Wednesday) but needless to say, we had a great time and wish we were still there!
I hope everyone had a nice week last week, and I'll catch up up all your blogs soon!

7 Comments:
Glad you had a great trip. Very nice pictures.
So, how much sunscreen do you go through on a trip like that? The major drawback to beach trips (for me, anyway) is all the time I have to spend slathering on the SPF.
Welcome back, glad you had such a good time. You picked a good week to be gone, snow where I live, not sure about CT though. Looking forward to seeing more pics and the video.
Good to see ya back in the working world. Be sure to leave us links to your favorites. Did I miss an earlier post where you linked us to the hotel?
Wow, that is so gorgeous!! You go to the nicest places :-)
I'm glad you're back... I missed ya!
*HUGS*
AWESOME VIEW.. you made the right decision that was for sure. Glad you had a nice trip..Guess you will be going back huh?? Promise you take us all along next time okay?? :D Take care : )
Welcome back! i am so glad that it was such a relaxing trip for you and your friends!
Beautiful pictures Dave! Just lovely!
Yours,
michelle ('lil o)
Dear Dave ~~ Glad to see you safely home and glad you had a great vacation. It looks and sounds a wonderful place to visit.
When you get a few minutes, would you read my post 575. There is a long joke about a guy named Dave. I
hope he bears NO resemblance to you.
Take care, Regards, Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home