Wednesday, February 25, 2009

188 - Cold Weather Sucks!

Good grief I want to be back on vacation in the Caribbean! *chuckling*

We got on a bus at 3:00am headed from the school where my daughter teaches, to Newark International Airport, about a 2.5 hour drive. Before we left the school parking lot, people were handing out glasses of Bloody Mary's! *LOL* It was quite a ride to Newark.

We arrived in Curacao (non-stop flight) by around 2pm, and after clearing customs, we were are the resort by 3:15pm. It was nice enough that we just shed our jeans, put on our shorts and walked the beach. Here's a video, not from the first day but one of the days later, and you can see how beautiful the beach area is.

 

That's it for now, I hope you enjoy it!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Can't see the vid up here. I'll have to watch it at home. The Bloody Mary part was funny.

February 25, 2009 at 8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been there too with the Bloody Mary part. Nice video, I noticed there were not many umbrella's on the beach or cabana's, were you able to get out of the sun?

February 25, 2009 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Actually Elaine, there were plenty of umbrellas (straw ones) behind me. There was shade everywhere, but that as you can see, was taken at the edge of the water.

February 25, 2009 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Nice video and it sure looks relaxing and beautiful.
No doubt you are already planning your next vacation. Thanks for your comment about the Jack Benny story.
More about that next post.
Take care, Best Wishes, Merle.

February 26, 2009 at 2:53 AM  
Blogger Merle said...

Hi Dave ~~ Glad you ROTFL about that guy Dave who was so considerate. I didn't think for a minute you were like that.Take care, Regards,Merle.

February 27, 2009 at 1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home