228 - How was your weekend?
It was a beautiful weekend here, Saturday and Sunday at least. I did some lawn mowing, then took the Vette out for a bit on Saturday, then we had a wine tasting with our club on Saturday night which was great. (I have to do some work on my wine blog for sure!) There were lots of great wines and food for all (18 people showed up), and everyone had a great time!
Sunday, I took the Vette out again in the morning, did some waxing on it for a bit, then in the afternoon the wife and I went with some friends to get some ice cream in the next town. A nice, relaxing weekend.
Other than that, it's been a very uneventful weekend.
One of my favorite shows on TV is starting again tonight. Does anyone else watch Burn Notice?
Oh well, on to something funny...
One Sunday morning, the pastor noticed little Alex was staring up at the large plaque that hung in the foyer of the church.
It was covered with names, and small American flags were mounted on either side of it.
The seven-year-old had been staring at th e plaque for some time, so the pastor walked up, stood beside the boy, and said quietly, "Good morning, Alex."
"Good morning," replied the young man, still focused on the plaque.
"What is this?" Alex asked.
"Well, son, it's a memorial to all the young men and women who died in the service."
Soberly, they stood together, staring at the large plaque.
Little Alex's voice was trembling and barely audible when he asked, "Which service, the 9:45 or the 11:15?"
An old man shopping at a department store for a gift for his wife was intent on watching a teenage girl who was going through the sale racks. The teenage girl had a Mohawk dyed in various colors: pink, purple, green, and yellow. The old man kept staring at her.
Irritated by his staring the teenage girl finally broke down and sneered, "What's the matter, old dude? I bet you haven't tried anything wild in your whole life, have you?"
The old man did not miss a beat when he replied, "I was drunk one time and was with a Macaw. I was just curious if you were related!"
Have a great Monday...!

3 Comments:
How was my weekend? Uneventful as ever.. nice weather though you are right! We bad stuff come through last few days.Got lots ot do and don't want to do any of it! hehhe what else is new?
Take care : )
Glad your weekend went well. Can't say I've had an uneventful one for quite some time. We did my 20-year high school reunion most recently.
Hi Dave ~~ I am glad your weather
has improved enough to take the Vette out of storage for a drive.
Great funnies also.
Thanks for your comments about my post. It sure has turned cold "Down Under". Where the fires burnt 4 months ago, got snow today. Looked
strange with the blackened trees and the white carpet of snow.
Take care my friend, Regards, Merle.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home