180 - Getting Itchy for Vacation...
Yeah, I'm starting to get excited about vacation... I'm looking at my shorts, bathing suit, t-shirts.. things I can't wear now, and thinking it'll be great to get into some shorts and sandals and warm sunshine!
My back is still pretty sore, but definitely getting better. The waterbed sure helps out!
Hey Mike H, you want to know the price? Call me some time! (we never talk unless we're going to get 3 pound lobsters! *LOL*)
NCAA Basketball is in full swing now, and that means UCONN Men and Women. Well, the women have been ranked #1 in the country since the first day, but as of next Monday (and considering they win on Saturday against Providence), both the UCONN men and women will be ranked #1 again! Currently, they are #2, and #1 lost last night! My friend Ray comes over to watch just about every game again, as we normally do and we both love the games.
That's it for now.. sorry for the short post, but on to a funny:
"A young family moved into a house, next to a vacant lot.
One day, a construction crew turned up to start building a house on the empty lot.
The young family's 5-year-old daughter naturally took an interest in all the activity going on next door and spent much of each day observing the workers.
Eventually the construction crew, all of them "gems-in-the-rough," more or less, adopted her as a kind of project mascot."
They chatted with her, let her sit with them while they had coffee and lunch breaks and gave her little jobs to do here and there to make her feel important.
At the end of the first week, they even presented her with a pay envelope containing ten dollars.
The little girl took this home to her mother who suggested that she take her ten dollars "pay" she'd received to the bank the next day to start a savings account.
When the girl and her mom got to the bank, the teller was equally impressed and asked the little girl how she had come by her very own pay check at such a young age.
The little girl proudly replied, "I worked last week with a real construction crew building the new house next door to us."
"Oh my goodness gracious," said the teller, and will you be working on the house again this week, too?"
The little girl replied, "I will, if those as*!#!es at Home Depot ever deliver the fu*#'ng sheet rock..."
Have a great weekend!

4 Comments:
Dear Dave ~~ Good joke, she's learning well. Lucky you with vacation nearly here again.
Sorry for not answering before, yes I have evaporative cooling ducted theough the house and it is wonderful but it is still very hot, when I venture out for mail, laundry, rubbish bins, and feeding the birds and trying to save my gargen. Not sure I am winning that one. I hope we soon get a cool change and stop breaking records.
Glad you enjoyed the 20 things to ponder. Take care my friend,
Regards, Merle.
Merle, I love it when you say, "rubbish bins."
Great joke, Dave.
You know, I get bummed out that almost nobody down here in Texas cares about basketball. Coming from Arkansas, where the 1994 national basketball championship was the last thing (except track) anywhere near a national title, I love NCAA basketball. I'm lucky if one of our games is even televised in this area. There's a great group called the Greater Dallas Razorback Club, but it's hard to make it to the watch parties. Oh well, as I've told you in the past, I'll root for the Huskies unless and until they play the Razorbacks.
DId you see the superbowl?? I mean what a fantastic game. Back and forth .. I jut loved it all! Maybe time to get your bags packed in case you have to head out early.. heheh I bet you would like to though.. Have a fun time : )
So sorry i missed Friday...loved, loved that joke! *giggles*
Yours,
michelle {'lil o}
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home