181 - Don't Use American Express!!!
I had an experience today (as I write this on Sunday Evening), that really set me off.
My wife, had gotten some "Mall" gift cards at work as bonuses (good idea, as it makes you buy things and stimulate the economy), and last week, we went to the mall and to JC Penny and bought me a new wallet. Well, after getting home, I decided I really didn't like the wallet, so yesterday (Saturday) my daughter took it back as she was going there. She even had the gift card (from American Express of course). So, the people swiped the card to put the money BACK on the card and we have the receipt.
Today, we had to go to the mall again, and I found a wallet that I really liked. We had the same gift card, and when the lady swiped it (wallets were exactly the same price) she said there was insufficient funds on the card. We had the receipt, so she called AmEx, and they said, "oh, well the funds won't be available for 3-7 days. I said WHAT? When I charge something, they don't wait 3-7 days to take MY money, why do I have to wait to get it back? I was livid at this point. This is where I draw the line with a credit card company. If I return something on my Capital One Visa card, it's back that very instant (the money).
I can't imagine people doing business like that.....
Other than that, I'm getting ready to watch the Super Bowl, not caring really who wins, but waiting intently for the commercials! I'm sure tomorrow they'll be all over the internet.
Now, for something to make you chuckle:
Two Woodpeckers..........
A Mexican woodpecker and a Canadian woodpecker were in Mexico arguing about which place had the toughest trees. The Me xican woodpecker claimed Mexico had a tree that no woodpecker could peck.
The Canadian woodpecker accepted his challenge and promptly pecked a hole in the tree with no problem. The Mexican woodpecker was amazed.
The Canadian woodpecker then challenged the Mexican woodpecker to peck a
tree in Canada that was absolutely 'impeckable' (a term frequently used by woodpeckers ).
The Mexican woodpecker expressed confidence that he could do it and accepted
the challenge.
The two flew to Canada where the Mexican woodpecker successfully pecked the so-called 'impeckable' tree almost without breaking a sweat.
Both woodpeckers were now terribly confused. How is it that the Canadian woodpecker was able to peck the Mexican tree, and the Mexican woodpecker was
able to peck the Canadian tree, yet neither was able to peck the tree in their own country?
After much woodpecker pondering, they both came to the same conclusion:
Apparently, your pecker gets harder when you're away from home.
Have a wonderful Monday, 13 days till vacation for me!

6 Comments:
Whoa. I don't think I've ever returned something and had them "re-charge" the gift card, so I had never thought of this. I'll keep it in mind, though. I'll bet AmEx is not the only one to feature this delay.
Great joke, Dave. Loved "impeckable."
Mark, you don't think they'll give you the cash back do you? (then everyone would do that when they got a gift card!)
No, my credit card isn't like that (Capital One).
That would be annoying! I've never returned anything on a gift card either so this is nice to know.
Off subject: Last Christmas (2007) gave my son-in-law a $100 gift card at Sharper Image because he loves gadgets and that store. He was undecided what to get and then in March they announced bankruptcy. So he never got a gift and I was out $100. This past Christmas I gave NO gift cards.
That's a terrible story about the wallet and the Amex card. How awful!
i giggled when i read the joke until i got to the end, and then i out and out laughed! Great joke!
Thanks so much for the laugh!
Yours,
michelle {'lil o)
ok so close to vacation and going "away from home" nice joke! LOLOLOLOLOL
Elaine,
The gift cards were to a huge mall, not just to one store so they were pretty safe.
Dave
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home